I think I have been a rather dutiful mummy this weekend.
Did a lot of things with the kids on Fri, Sat and today: brought them to various places like the Zoo, Singapore River, VivoCity etc, helped them with their homework etc.
On the other hand, I feel quite guilty that I haven’t touched much of my office work :(
Whoever says a woman can juggle ALL aspects of her life well is not telling the whole truth. Something has to give way for sure.
***
Gosh, I sure overspent today. Went Coffee Club for breakfast this morning and was tempted by their membership promotion whereby we need to spend $30 and can qualify for their lifetime membership with privileges like 15% discount, free item on birthday etc. Ended up, just to chalk up $30 on the bill, we bought two VERY EXPENSIVE cake slices which cost about $8.00 each. A piece of cake for $8.00 each, mind you. Crazy right? But I was mad to spend on that today. Tsk tsk, penny wise, pound foolish.
**
Haha, as I am typing this, younger son is ‘panicking’ as he has not done his homework despite an entire week of school holiday. Earnestly writing out his reading list as you can see from the photo below.
Elder boy has been working very hard this holiday though. I am pleased to say he did his best to follow the prescribed holiday timetable NRZ designed for him, and also wrote a few blog entries. Besides that, he also did an English Language game project and a photo journal assignment which are due in a few days time.
We helped him a bit of course, doing things like printing, laminating, making box for his game etc. Nowadays, when children are given homework, the parents are also given homework!
And it was another rainy day today.
Rainy days are best for lazing at home. And reading a good book.
Lucky Edison, he got three new books today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment