Last evening, he managed to figure out how to enable
our newly purchased Western Digital TV Live! as a media server yet keeping it as a private share for security's purpose.
He also discovered that WD provides an Android app for controlling the WD TV live device and installed it on his 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Hence, we now have one giant remote on the Tab, two mini remotes on my iPhone and Fleming's iPod and the default remote that came with the box!
Download link for the Android remote
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.osdmod.remote&hl=en

After he got the device working, he played the "小孩不坏" movie using the device and as expected, the kids immediately sprawled on our bed to watch the movie. Previously, we used to play it on our laptop, and in comparison, the viewing experience on the LCD TV screen is so much better! :)
As though it was the umpteen time Fleming was watching it, his eyes watered again during the emotional scenes such as when the little boy told his father,"Can I buy 1 hour of your time so that you come down and watch my dchool concert?"
Though they may not say it openly, I believe most kids do enjoy the time parents spend with them.
Spending a little time together helps to bond us as a family.
Thats why NRZ and I really enjoy those little moments when the four of us do things together.
For instance, we had breakfast at Mcdonalds this morning and as we were eating, NRZ quizzed Edison on his knowledge of 三国演义 while I engaged in idle talk with Fleming.



Work was not very productive once again.
Accomplished two things in the morning:
* Released the preview issue of "MetroDBITan" for Shi Hui
* Created helper form for SCS Splash Awards 2012 ceremony on 27 Jun

The rest of the day:
* Applied leave for this Friday, next Wed and next Friday
* Requested for Y2 volunteers for video workshop
* Called up Estates to find out how to put up request for painting and cleaning room
* Creating archive of DMIT photos
* Downloaded a software from dvdvideosoft that can convert videos to pictures
* Renewed my Apple Developer licence
* Tidied up my bookshelves
* Made a birthday card for LW

The rest of the time was utterly wasted on trying to wait for Firefox (FF) to respond.
For some reason, FF kept hanging on me today. I think I must have frittered away almost 45 minutes just pressing on "end program" in Task Manager repeatedly to get out of my FF "hangs". Finally I gave up and started using IE and Chrome.
Back home:
* Had dinner with NRZ
* Had Mcdonalds Strawberry banana smoothie (yums)
After bathing, I started sorting my Digicam photos while the kids and NRZ watched "Prince of Persia" until past 11 pm.


No comments:
Post a Comment