Friday, June 15, 2012

I very sotong leh!

Today I very cartoon.

Supposed to attend a half-day seminar by EConsultancy at Maxwell Chambers but after alighting from Exit G at Tanjong Pagar MRT station, I just could not locate the place using the GPS directions navigator on myiPhone Maps app.  

After walking back and forth for almost 45 minutes between several routes, I finally gave up.   I figured I would have missed most of the seminar contents by the time I do find the place.  Furthermore, I would have to face a compounded problem if I was there - I would not be able to see the contents of the presentation I forgot to bring my spectacles!

Instead, I decided to go back to office to get my spectacles, and also to catch up on some work (EDD request to clean up Innov Room, check timetable for ST2316 BA for the exchange students etc).  I also planned to drop by Jurong East MRT station to pass the "We Are Singaporeans 2" tickets to He Xiang, one of the SMM students who's interested to catch the show with his friends.


NRZ called me up and we decided to have lunch together at J-CUBE.

J-CUBE is a new shopping mall under Capitaland which has just recently opened (02 April 2012).  The building is shaped like a Cube and in Jurong, hence its name.  Its value proposition is its Olympic grade Ice Skating Ring.  As it is school holidays now, we saw plenty of school children skating in the Ring and there is even a stadium-like seating area for people who just want to watch.


Artist impression of J-Cube taken from Capitaland Mall website
The awesome ice-skating rink (picture from Capitaland website)


We had our lunch at the Kopitiam in J-Cube (Basement 1).


There is a good variety of stalls in the foodcourt and the prices are quite reasonable too.  One thing we both like about this foodcourt, you can quickly have a good overview of the stalls which are available with a sweep of your eyes because the shape of the foodcourt is in a semi-circle fashion and the signboards are designed with great clarity.


We ordered from this stall called "Mum Cuisine".  Verdict: Very good!  Worth a try if you like herbal soup ($4.20 a serving) or sambal fried rice.


Here are some pictures of the food we ordered:



Olive Rice with Lotus Root Pork Rib Herbal Soup ($5.20)

Fried Sambal Chicken Rice ($5.00)


Dinner pics!


No comments: